Personal & Business Insurance Plans
Carrie Polk Insurance Inc in Prince Frederick and Waldorf, MD is proud to offer a range of personal insurance options to clients across Calvert County and the state of Maryland. We can help you receive a range of coverage options including: farm insurance, life insurance, auto insurance, home insurance, flood insurance, and commercial insurance. Our years of experience combined with our dedication to giving back to our community helps us better serve you, your family or business with a range of insurance options.
Personal Insurance Lines
Our goal is to not only provide all of our clients with affordable insurance plans, but to make sure they receive comprehensive coverage that protects every area of their life. As an independent Nationwide Insurance agency, we are “On Your Side®” through every part of the process. From finding the right plans to filing claims, you can count on our team. Personal insurance lines protect the most valuable things in your life: your family, vehicles, home, and other possessions. These lines of insurance also give you protection in the event of a natural disaster, accident, burglary, or illness.
The team here at Carrie Polk Insurance Inc will help you find the coverage you deserve and help you save on your premiums. Together, we will walk you through the various coverage options and address your individual needs. Our auto insurance plans are customizable, so you can create a policy that matches your lifestyle and keeps you protected in the event of an accident.
Your home is one of your largest investments, so you deserve homeowners insurance that protects your home and all of its contents. Our agents will work with you to get to know your individual insurance needs so you receive a personalized policy that protects you in a variety of situations. This includes: damage or destruction of personal possessions, structural damage, liabilities, and providing living expenses if your home is destroyed or not inhabitable after a natural disaster or accident.
What would happen to your loved ones if you were suddenly gone? Would your assets be cleared of debts? Could your children afford higher education expenses? Would your spouse be able to fulfill the plans you have made for each other? Because people are living longer, life insurance premiums are more affordable. There are many options out there, and we will help you choose the policy that best fits your current situation and your family’s potential needs.
*As your personal situations change (i.e., marriage, birth of a child or job promotion), so will your life insurance needs. Care should be taken to ensure these strategies and products are suitable for your long term life insurance needs. You should weigh your objectives, time horizon and risk tolerance as well as any associated costs before investing. Also, be aware that market volatility can lead to the possibility of the need for additional premium in your policy. Variable life insurance has fees and charges associated with it that include costs of insurance that vary with such characteristics of the insured as gender, health and age, underlying fund charges and expenses, and additional charges for riders that customize a policy to fit your individual needs.
- Term Life Insurance – This is an affordable way to ensure protection for your loved ones for a specified amount of time. Our team can help you find the right amount of coverage for terms such as 10, 20, or 30 years of coverage and guaranteed benefits. This type of policy is often chosen when clients need coverage for a specified period of their lives to protect their loved ones, children, or debt.
- Whole Life Insurance – A whole life policy can form a foundation of protection for your family’s financial future. We offer a range of whole life policies that can help you and your family prepare for the unexpected and build a cash value you can use during your lifetime. This type of policy can provide you with equity for loans and can have fixed payments that do not increase over time.
- Universal Life Insurance – A universal life insurance policy provides you with access to tax-deferred cash values and permanent life insurance protection. These types of policies can adjust to your changing needs as your family grows or you being exploring new options for your small business.
- Variable Life Insurance – A variable life insurance plan can help you take advantage of potential economic growth because your policy is invested in the stock market. Unlike a universal policy, you cannot withdraw the cash value during your lifetime, and if your funds perform poorly, your end-of-life benefit may decline.
- Nationwide Your Life CareMatters Long Term Care Coverage – This is a comple financial plan the provides coverage for many of life’s unknowns, including the possibility of needed long-term care. With a Nationwide CareMatters plan, you premiums will not increase, and if you do not end up needing long-term care, you will not lose your premiums paid.
No matter what type of boat you own, we have the experience to help you find the appropriate watercraft insurance policy. We are proud to help boat owners across Maryland find the insurance plans to ensure they enjoy their time out on the water without worry. Together, we can take a closer look at your existing marine insurance policy—or design a new one to fit your specific needs.
A good motorcycle insurance policy protects you, your passengers, and your investment. We will help you create a motorcycle insurance policy tuned to fit your personal and financial needs, and more importantly, help you enjoy your time out on the open road.
No matter if you rent a tiny apartment or a full house, having renters insurance is important. Don’t make the mistake of relying on your landlord’s insurance policy to protect you in the event of a loss or accident. This type of policy protects you if something happens to your belongings. Our goal is to help you determine what plan is appropriate for your situation.
Owners of townhomes or condos have different insurance needs than typical homeowners. Living and owning a condo means, while you own your individual unit, you also share ownership of common areas and the building structure with your neighbors. While your condo association may help pay for the upkeep of these common areas, they do not typically provide insurance coverage for personal property within your unit or liability coverage if someone is injured in your home. A condo insurance policy will help give you the peace of mind that you’re always covered.
When purchasing a home or business, it is easy to overlook flood insurance. In truth, the state of Maryland is susceptible to various types of flooding including flash floods, riverine erosion, and ponding. Severe weather systems can also cause flooding, through a combination of wind, rain, and erosion.
- Standard Flood Insurance Policies: If you live in a community that participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), your building and its contents can be covered by standard flood insurance. This program was established by the federal government to help communities who “voluntarily participate in the NFIP by adopting and enforcing floodplain management ordinances to reduce future flood damage.” Water must cover at least two acres or affect at least two properties in order for it to be considered a flood. If you choose to invest in a standard flood insurance policy, you must apply for building coverage and contents coverage separately.
- Preferred Risk Flood Insurance Policies: If your business or home is located in a low to moderate risk zone, you may qualify for a low-cost preferred risk policy. You are not required to purchase flood insurance, there is still a chance you will be affected by a flood that has extended into your low-risk area. Flood insurance protects your home, business, and its contents if you are affected by a flood. In truth, many flood insurance claims occur in low-to-moderate risk areas.
Umbrella policies provide an additional layer of security to your existing policies. It extends your protection beyond that of the liability limits of your standing insurance policies, such as homeowners insurance, car insurance, and so on. Our agents will work with you to find the appropriate umbrella policy, and give you a better understanding of the protections this type of policy can provide.
- False Arrest
- Invasion of Privacy
Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Motor homes, travel trailers, off-road vehicles, and 5th wheels have special insurance needs, apart from your standard homeowner’s or auto insurance policies. We will work with you to create a customized plan that keeps all of your recreational vehicles covered. We will help you gain a full understanding of what you need in the event of an accident or mishap.
We know your antique automobile is more than a car to you—it’s a showpiece, and your pride and joy. With Carrie Polk Insurance, we will help you find the car insurance policy to properly protect your investment, no matter if your rebuilt it from the ground up or purchased it fully restored.
Unsure whether or not your car qualifies as an antique? These definitions may help:
- Classic Automobile: Your vehicle must be ten or more years old, and have rare or special historical interest because of limited production or exceptionally fine workmanship. Classic automobiles older than 25 years old are covered as an antique.
- Antique Automobile: A motor vehicle 25 or more years old.
In order to be eligible for classic car insurance eligibility your antique or classic car must be used on a very limited basis, for events such as exhibitions, club activities, and parades or similar events. You also need to have restored, maintained, or preserved your vehicle.
Identity Theft Insurance
Identify theft insurance keeps you protected in the event someone obtains and uses your personal information to impersonate you. This information includes your Social Security number, driver’s license, and credit cards. If you are a victim of identity theft while under this type of policy, you receive coverage for fraudulent expenses that are discovered and made during your policy period.
We know that no two businesses are alike, so every commercial insurance policy should not be identical. When you choose our agency for your business’ insurance needs, you can count on receiving coverage that is customized to fit your company’s needs.
Business Owners Policy
A Business Owners Policy (BOP) keeps your small business protects from a variety of risks. To safeguard against unexpected financial losses beyond their general liability claims, small businesses such as restaurants, independent contractors, and retail stores typically need a BOP. This type of policy may include coverages such as general liability, property insurance, and Worker’s Compensation. We will work with you to address your business’ individual needs and create a Business Owner’s Policy that keeps your business properly covered.
General Liability Insurance
This type of policy provides coverage for liability issues resulting from negligence, property damage, advertising, and personal injury, including medical expenses. This gives you the financial protection no business owner should be without.
Commercial Auto Insurance
Whether you need to insure a full fleet of delivery trucks, vans, or a single vehicle, you can trust we will help you design a policy that fits your needs. Our commercial auto insurance options keep you and your employees protected in the event of an accident.
If someone breaks into your facilities and steals expensive equipment, is your general liability policy enough to keep you protected? What about if a fire breaks out and you lose your entire inventory?
No matter if you are a veteran business owner or are just opening your first business to the public, general liability is the tip of the iceberg in terms of the protection you will need. A property insurance policy helps give you more comprehensive coverage for a variety of exposures including: lost inventory, furniture, outdoor signs, equipment, damage to the property of others, and more.
Also known as Errors & Omissions (E&O Insurance), this type of policy provides protection for companies and individuals against claims made by clients for inadequate work or negligent actions. We will work with you to customize a professional liability policy that matches the needs of your business and industry.
Worker’s Compensation coverage is dual purposed: it protects your company from lawsuits from injured workers, and assures that if someone is injured while on the clock for you, they will receive medical care and compensation for a portion of the lost wages from being out of work.
This protection not only protects you; it protects your employees. We will help you design a policy that gives you appropriate coverage for you and your business.
Business Income Coverage
This type of commercial property insurance, also called business interruption insurance, covers the loss of income suffered after a disaster or accident. A business income coverage policy can help you replace loss net income, pay for continuing expenses, and supplement your existing property policy. It forms a safeguard against things you cannot control such as damage from vehicles, wind, hail, vandalism, and fires, and can help you keep your business going without completely losing your income.
A crime insurance policy, also called fidelity insurance, provides you with coverage against the most common fidelity threats including losses due to computer fraud, employee dishonesty, credit card forgery, theft, and the disappearance and destruction of property. The agents at Carrie Polk Insurance will help you obtain the range of coverage you need to protect your company from financial loss due to certain crimes.
Farming and finding the right insurance policies can be a complex process. Luckily, we have the background to help you receive the appropriate coverage. Don’t wait until it is too late to find out you are not adequately covered. Farm insurance policies provide homeowners, commercial property, and commercial liability coverage. The unique combination of commercial and personal coverages is necessary because it is typical for farms to have both residential and commercial characteristics. Coverage can apply to farms or ranches.
Because every contracting company is different, there are many commercial insurance solutions of contractors. These can range from a standard policy to a more thorough mix of coverages. The size, location, and type of contracting business you own will affect the types of insurance you may need, including liability options and equipment coverage.
A cyber insurance policy covers a variety of property losses and liabilities that can result when a business engages in various electronic activities, such as collecting data within its internal electronic network or completing sales over the internet. A cyber policy covers a business’ liability in the event customers’ personal information is stolen or exposed by a hacker, and the resulting expenses associated with the data breach.
Insurance Solutions You Can Trust
Since 1996, Carrie Polk Insurance has provided commercial and personal insurance solutions to clients across Maryland. As part of the Nationwide Insurance family, we provide each customer with the “On Your Side®” advantage. This means we are here for you through every part of choosing your plans, filing your claims, or exploring yur coverage options.
For more information, please contact us today! To reach our Waldorf office, please call 301-932-4888. To contact our Prince Frederick location, please call 410-535-0997 today. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you find the protection you need.